Monday, February 3, 2014

2/3/14

Hola familia!
 
Sorry, but this letter is going to be short. I've been too busy talking with you during this whole time about the big news! I'm SO excited for Chandler to go to NYNYN! ha The indecisive mission-as I call it. ;) Can't make up their minds...NYNYN. ha New York New York North Mission, here comes the best missionary you'll ever meet! You're going to do great, Chandler. Just keep up the good study habits and practice practice practice your Spanish! We're here to help! Boo ya! We're finally accepting our roots and joining the latin culture. I love it. :) We just need to work on teaching you-Mom, Dad, and Alyssa-some Spanish so you can keep up and join in the fun. ;) But can't teach you ALL, because then we can't have fun. ha I'm so excited, I know you're going to do great! I'm sad that I won't be able to see you, but things happen for a reason, although it's not fair that I'm the only one that has to worry about not seeing my brothers for 4 years each. Lame. I'll get over it. It's worth it to know where you are and what you are doing. So proud of you. :)
 
This week was a good week or good hardworking fun. We just worked hard and ended the week by burning a pair of pants! That's right. As of February 1st, I am officially 18 months into the field. O.O. Where has the time gone? It's crazy. I'm going to be sure to keep working hard so that I get all the work in for the Lord that I can. At the same time, however, I can't wait to use all that I have learned out here back home with member-missionary work. It's so important! Love what this mission has done for me, and I am so excited that Chandler will now have this amazing chance just like his 2 older brothers. :) 6 more months of good hard work, like always! :) You'll have to watch the videos of the pants burning when I get back...it's pretty epic. ha Needless to say, the pants were made of nonflammable material as well. It was ridiculous. Nothing gasoline couldn't fix, though! ;)
 
Please continue to keep Elvia, Claudia, Juan, Marina, Antonio, and Adrian in your prayers that they continue to progress and that they can make it to church this next Sunday. No one came to church this week, so we were sad for that, but Elvia is ready for her baptism and has decided that she wants to be baptized on her birthday/anniversary/Valentine's day. :) We're very excited for her and we are going to be working hard so that she feels ready and prepared. Thank you for the support and love out here, I sure hope the missionary work back home is continuing to hasten like it is out here. It's amazing!
 
Miraculous quick moment from this week. California is in a big drought right now...evidently one of the worst the state has recorded in history. Well, leaders from the Church sent out a message to Stake Presidents and other leaders to ask member to fast for rain since yesterday was Fast Sunday. Yesterday started out as a clear day with no warning of rain, and towards the night, a huge cluster of clouds rolled in. It rained harder than I think I've seen in my whole mission. California just doesn't rain like Arizona, but last night felt at home. It is such a blessing and comfort to know that God does hear our prayers and fasting does make a difference. It is still a little cloudy outside and I think it may rain again-although the forecast says sunny. ;) Love this gospel, and I love our Father in Heaven. I hope all is well with you and that you all get a little rain sent your way as well. Take care, and hope to hear from you soon. Love you!
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"One of the greatest blessings we can offer to the world is the power of a Christ-centered home where the gospel is taught, covenants are kept, and love abounds." Elder Richard G. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment