Thursday, December 6, 2012

11/19/12


Hola Familia!
 
Yo nunca se que deba decir primer! Hay muchas cosas que pasan cada semana, pero es dificil de recordar para mi! jaja Entonces......
 
This week was AWESOME! My companion and I have never been closer, our numbers are higher than they have ever been! Not that the numbers matter, but it shows whether we are having success or not. I love it! What does it all tie back to? STUDIES. Our studies were faltering pretty bad, but as soon as we really buckled down and got back to studying our 4 hours every day, we have already begun to see the blessings. I think my English is getting worse already. Poo. Please don't judge me!
 
Highlights of this week: Thanksgiving Social, the Ten Commandments lesson with Melissa, the Spider Story, SpiderManzano, Lower Lights, Apricorn, District Sleepover, the Work! This week was FULL of excitement. I can honestly say I have never laughed so hard in my life at some of the things that happened. haha
 
Our ward had a Thanksgiving Social on Friday and it was great! I videotaped some of the dances they did, so look out for those in the next package home :) Hermano Palacio decided to tell us at the very last minute (2 minutes before) that we were going to perform something...what? WE DIDN'T KNOW! So imagine 4 missionaries scrambling around everywhere to find something to do to compete with all the other AWESOME skits and such. It was an epic fail. We were going to sing along (with hick accents) to the Lower Lights verson of Count Your Blessings...a crowd favorite. But the CD player wouldn't work, and we didn't have time to find a way to make it work, so we just sang it acapella...with hick accents...in front of a bunch of people...awkward. It was pretty hilarious though, and unfortunately my camera decided to be dumb and only record us getting ready for it and then died before we started, so I don't have a recording of it to share. :( But it's in my mind! ha So we will be remembered for that...lesson to be learned? Always prepare something, regardless of being asked. ha But all around it was great, and everyone enjoyed it!
 
Can't really explain the Ten Commandments lesson with Melissa...it was just hilarious. But in a good way! We were teaching her through the "ten finger" method. I don't know if you have seen it before, but I will have to record that, too and send it home. It's great, and in the next visit, she had mastered it and remembers all the commandments. :) She is still our only investigator, this week was SUPER busy with meetings and such, but we are still finding! We got to focus more on her though, so she really feels prepared for her baptism that will be happening this next Sunday, yay!!
 
So the Spider Story is just hilarious. Or at least it is in words...I'm terrible at explaining something funny in writing, but I'm going to try! So I was making a phone call while Elder Andersen was making frog-eyes salad for the Thanksgiving Social, and JUST as the person I was calling answered the phone, Elder Andersen started freaking out. ha So apparently he is TERRIFIED of spiders (I didn't know this ;)). Well...while he was cooking and I was focusing on my phone conversation, he noticed a spider on his shoulder. Well, his hands were full of pineapple, so he started blowing on his shoulder and doing whatever he could, but the spider simply avoided his tactics and leisurely moved to his back. Out of sight. At this point, I could not see the spider, so I was doing the best I could not to die laughing while still on the phone. Pineapple starts flying everywhere and he is patting at his shoulder to no avail. I'm thinking he's lit his shoulder on fire or something so I head over to try and help and since I was STILL on the phone, Elder Andersen looked at me with a look of terror and mouths the words, "spider...on my back!" So I grab a notepad that just so happened to be nearby, and squished the rather giant spider on his back, observe the disaster in the kitchen, held back my laughter as best I could, and finally finished the phone call. It was hilarious! I hope you can imagine it, too ha. We laughed about that for quite some time ha.
 
Speaking of spiders though, we went to have dinner with one of my favorite families in the ward, the Manzanos. They are so funny! Especially Hermanita Manzano. So she walks around her tiny little house with a fly swatter and keeps making a squishing noise with it when she slaps it everywhere, so we keep laughing at her. Well, apparently the other day, her husband was bitten by a spider when he was picking fruit from their trees, so she is convinced now that he is going to turn into Spiderman hahaha Spidermanzano! :) She said she was waiting to see him start shooting webs out of his wrists haha such a great family! My whole ward is just great :) I sure hope I get to stay here for Christmas, since I already know this area!
 
Elder Andersen and I are supposedly both training next transfer, so that means one of us if not both are leaving this area. :( So sad, but I will do what I'm instructed! I know it will be great no matter where I go! :)
 
We also had a District Sleepover this week along with exchanges, and had some great times! Elder Weymouth and I made a video for you, that I think you'll like...hopefully :). So look out for that, too! Ah! SO much on the next camera card. :)
 
Well, as much as I would love to keep going with our great stories from this week, I only have 7 minutes left, so I must wrap it up :(. I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Some things I am grateful for, as we go into this week of Thanks remberance. I am grateful for my family (of course :)), and being out here on this mission. I am learning so much and growing so much out here. I wouldn't change it for anything. I am grateful for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and for all that they have done for us. I am grateful for all of you as an example to me, I love you so much! And believe it or not, I am grateful for trials. I know that through trials we can become stronger and learn. I have already had so many here on my mission, but I know that they are for the benefit of learning, and I know that God has a plan for me. I am grateful for the blessings of missionary work, and I am grateful for this Thanksgiving season. Always remember that it doesn't have to be Thanksgiving season to get down on your knees and thank God. Love you and miss you all so much! Happy Thanksgiving!
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"Count your many blessings name them one by one...count your many blessings, see what God has done."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment