Thursday, December 13, 2012

12/10/12

Hola Familia!

On the 12th day of Christmas, Heavenly Father gave to me:

12 tribes of Israel
11 pass-along cards
10 recent converts
9 paisly ties
8 door to knock
7 days to teach
6 different pamphlets
5 inspired lessons
4 books of scripture
3 Spanish zones
2 missionaries and
1 new investigator!

Haha. That would be a great explanation of this mission during Christmas..kind of ;). This area is on FIRE! We have never had so many new investigators and all the records are being broken. In every category! We are finding like crazy and not just anybody, but the elect. The mission is averaging 10 baptisms per week! The work is progressing so much out here, and I love it! This has been the busiest week I have experienced yet, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My companionship is on fire, and we just keep shattering our goals. This next week's goals are incredible! And although they may be high, they WILL be achieved. We know it. We live it. We love it. I'm so excited for an amazing week ahead of us, I'm ready to be even more tired! I don't even care about sleep, let's find! :)

The time is just FLYING by, I can't even believe it! I will be sending a package with your presents this next week, but don't open it until I call you on Christmas, okay? :) PROMISE?! That means you, too, Alyssa...present peeper ;). Happy Birthday to Chandler! YAYYYYY! Can't believe you are already 18! That's insane. What are your plans? Anything? (p.s. the only way to answer those question is to write me, so write me, dang it! ;)) I hope you have a great day, I'm sure you'll make it the best! You will have a present coming for you in the mail today! yay! Hope you're not expecting something big though ha, Happy Birthday, Hermanito!

As for an update of the companionship? We're great! We are SUPER sad that this will probably be our last week together, but we hope to maybe be reunited as Zone Leaders or Assistants to the President someday! :) So either the snails council has voiced warning of Elder Andersen, or they hibernate. Do snails hibernate? hmmm. We haven't had any snail incidents to laugh about, but that doesn't stop us from laughing. :) Sadly, this week we haven't had much rain, it's been getting a little warm...in December...grr. But it's fine in a car! Well...while I miss the rain, Elder Andersen is glad ha. So we have weekly exchanges with our new District Leader, Elder Bunker, and since they are bike Elders, we get to ride bike occasionally, yay! Well, again...for me. So Elder Andersen+bikes=wipeouts. And Elder Andersen+bikes+rainy days=more wipeouts. ha Poor guy wipes out everytime he gets on a bike, and it's even worsened when it's raining. But, on the bright side, he's totally fine, and for every wipe out this past week, we got a new investigator! haha Love him to death. With transfers this next Monday, we are preparing for goodbye, but hopefully we can get another transfer together. Either way, we're finishing strong! :)

As far as the work goes, our investigators are continuing to stay strong! Clemente is awesome. Just great. He has had so many missionaries working with him to prepare him, so he's well and ready! Just around the corner! The 6th of January! Yay! We have many new investigators this week, and we will be extending the baptismal commitment to all of them this week, so we will testify through the power of the Holy Ghost! It's true, without a doubt! 

As we prepare ourselves for the next couple weeks of this Christmas season, my hope for all of you is that you don't forget the true meaning of Christmas. The Savior of the world is born. What a remarkable thing that is. We often get side tracked by the importance of presents and traveling and forget what it's all about. We had a wonderful talk this week in our ward where the member asked the question: "when was the last time you read the real story of Christmas to your family before you rushed to opening presents on Christmas Day?" This season is about giving, but have we forgotten the most amazing gift of all? "God loved us, so he sent his son." It doesn't get better than that. As we remember his birth, let's also remember his life and all that he has done for us. For me, Thanksgiving and Christmas are the same season, because we should be grateful during both! As we read in Alma 7:11-12, Christ went forth suffering all manners of afflictions and all to give us that chance to be saved. I sure am grateful for the Savior. For his teachings, for his life, and for all he does STILL do for us. He is still there for us when we are in need. He always knows what we are going through personally, and he is always there for us. I love you so much family, and I can't wait to talk to you soon! May we all remember the real meaning of Christmas I pray, en el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.

-Elder Gallego

"I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives."

No comments:

Post a Comment