Thursday, January 3, 2013

12/17/12

Hola Familia!

Where to start?!

This week was AMAZING! So much happened, I am not even sure if I know where to start. :/ We were non-stop working this week, and I absolutely loved it! 

For starters, I have a new companion! :)/:( I am so excited for this transfer with my new companion, Elder Facer, but it was SUPER hard saying goodbye to my dad this morning. I got all teary eyed :(. I am going to miss Elder Andersen so much! He has taught me so much and he and I have come so far. He is the greatest first companion a missionary could ask for. I have been blessed to have him in my life, and I look forward to the days when we will see each other again, during or after the mission. :) 

Elder Facer from Utah is awesome. He reminds me so much of you, Matthew! Seriously, I think he is your twin. So it's official, I've had, or am having, both my brothers as companions! Que chido! Elder Russo was Chandler and now Elder Facer is Matthew. I hope none of my companions are like Alyssa ;). Hahaha totally kidding...well, I would hope they aren't girls is what I mean. ha But one of our investigators reminds me of you, Alyssa, and she's a girl, so that's cool, too! :) I am so excited for this transfer, I know we are going to see much success and I'm going to grow so much through this one as well. 

So before Elder Andersen could escape me, we really really got to work, even more than we already were this week. And let me tell you, I...am...dead. But I love it! We set a new record in the mission this week with 31 lessons taught. 31! The numbers aren't what counts, but they still mean something. It shows how busy we are! We didn't even realize we set a new record until we turned in our numbers for the week. It has been a blessing to push push push push to reach our goals this week. We have seen so much change in this area, and we now have 5 new investigators with baptismal dates. I just know the work is going to continue to progress in this area as Elder Facer and I continue to hit the ground running. He is a solid Elder, and he has been in this ward before, so he already kind of knows the area, so that's good. The only thing about him though is that he does not eat vegetables, so from what he and the other missionaries said, the members felt offended and didn't like feeding them anymore...hopefully they look past that and still feed us. If not, oh well, I'll lose weight! :) Weight loss through starvation is okay, right? ;) 

Clemente is still rock solid, following through with commitments and everything. He is well on his way to his baptism the 6th and we can't wait for him. We have seen such a change in his family. This week when we came over, his mom answered the door and instead of kind of rejecting us, she looked SUPER happy, invited us in (which never happens), and sat in the lesson with us. After the lesson, Elder Andersen and I were just so confused! We have been trying to help the family for the longest time now, and nothing seemed to be working, but it was like a switch flipped and ever since then, she is always super excited to see us and invites us in, even though sometimes we can't go in. And, she wants us to teach her son and daughter as well. They have wanted us to teach them for a while now as well. We have consent for Clemente's baptism, and everything. It is indeed a miracle. I am so happy for the family, and the change I have seen, and I know that it is through faith, prayer, and fasting that these "mighty changes have been wrought" in this area. I am so happy!

Also, during our non-stop finding efforts this week, we found 8 new investigators on top of the 6 last week, and 4 new investigators with a baptismal date. One is a family that we found who want to return to a church, and have been listening to our lesson, and love it. They have a baptismal date for the 13th, and so do our other family. She was an investigator referral, actually, from her daughter. She said she was having troubles with her not remembering the importance of family. We are working with them, and they seem to be progressing very well. They are amazed with the fact that there is a prophet once more on the earth. Their excitement shows in us as well as we teach them. 

We were also blessed to witness the baptism of an investigator that we were the initial missionaries for, but had to pass, Minh. He was so excited, and had tears in his eyes as he made that wonderful step in his life. It was an amazing 

I know this church is true without a doubt. I know that there is a prophet once more on the earth, and I know that he is called of God. We are truly blessed to have the Book of Mormon to guide us. I know that prayer works. God does answer our prayers. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I know that this is his true church restored once again on the earth. I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Elder Gallego

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God, ye are called to the work." D&C 4

No comments:

Post a Comment