Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9/3/13


Hola familia!
 
This week was SO fun! We worked so hard and are already seeing so much success. There is definitely a lot of change to get used to with this new calling, but I love it already. It is so fun working so closely with the members of this district. I have been blessed to lead over missionaries that are dedicated, eager to work, and unified. This is going to be a wonderful transfer, and I can't wait to watch Anaheim explode! :) The ward is ready to roll and so are we, we're going for it! :)
 
I also taught my first district meeting ever this week, and I believe it went well. It was a little nerve-racking because the way district meetings are set up is that 3 out of the 4 weeks in the month, we have district meeting (the 4th is zone meeting), and 2 of those 3 weeks have a guideline from President as to what to teach to the district, so it's decided what you are to teach, and the other week-the final week of the month-is free choice. SO, my first district meeting was free choice ha. I had to figure out what I wanted to share with the district and how I wanted to do it all on my own. It was fun, but a little stressful at first. Luckily, I wasn't too nervous when it came time to teach, and it went pretty smoothly, just took a little longer than the alotted time. ;) I didn't realized I prepared too much ha. Now I know for next time. I reviewed what we learned this month-about the Righteous Routines (our daily studies and planning sessions)-and we went through all the bullet points in the back cover of Preach My Gospel, and everyone was assigned a couple to share with us how the RIghteous Routines directly apply to all we do in missionary work. We then focused on gaining power through exercising our authority we have been given through our calling from God, the prayer of faith, and following the Spirit in all we do. The district did a great job sharing their thoughts and teaching their parts of the meeting. All around, it went pretty well!
 
Enough about that, though. Sorry to bore you ;). We did a LOT of finding out here in the heat this week! SO HOT! But it was alright...even though I don't think I am used to the heat anymore...my Arizona genes aren't kicking in! I melt. ha We just keep pushing through it though. I know there is a reason I am still in this area, and I am determined to find who that person/family is before this transfer ends. :) We're working hard while at the same time having fun and laughing for sure.
 
We had a couple funny moments this week. Elder Thorne is really funny! ha I was laughing so hard one day when we were talking about how not even native hispanics speak spanish perfectly sometimes because not all of them had an education growing up in a little pueblo in Mexico. So we were having that discussion and he makes a comment that, "ya, that makes sense. I mean, not all Native Americans speak English well, either." We were laughing so hard! ha He has his little "oops" moments that just kill me sometimes haha
 
Another funny moment was when we were knocking doors and a sassy African American woman wanted to "Bible bash" with us, but everything she tried to use to confound us was a random scripture from the BIble that had NOTHING to do with us and she couldn't even understand. It's true that if we have the Spirit with us, we can not be confounded! At those points, all we can do is bear testimony and say goodbye, but it was definitely a funny memory to hold on to. I wish I had more time to explain it in detail, but I will be sure to tell you about it sometime later in life. ;)
 
One more funny moment before I have to that I was laughing a lot at, was when we were in Ward Council this Sunday. Hna Moscosa (the Primary President) is always so perky and talkative and happy and so funny! She was waiting for her turn to share her thoughts and she looked down at her wrist to see the time and noticed that she forgot to put on a watch, I looked over to tell her the time because I noticed out of the corner of my eye, and before I could say anything, she leans down and pulls a big wall clock out of her purse. I was laughing so hard. So was Hno Badillo (our new Ward Mission Leader) when we saw that. SO funny! We had to kind of laugh in the corner, though because we were the only ones who saw. She's so funny, I absolutely love this ward! :)
 
Well, the time as passed rapidly once again, and now I must return to the world of door knocking of Bible bashing. :) I love it. I hope you are all doing well, and I love hearing from you! Can't wait to talk to you again next week. LOVE YOU!
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with His help, where you are willing to go." Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
 
P.S. I had an impulse buy...I thought this Batman onsie was WAY too cool to pass up. But, once I got home and realized it was WAY too hot for a onsie, and that I was going to be a lonely onsie owner...I returned it and will just have to wait until around Christmas time when it gets cold again and my companion wants one, too haha. ;) Cape included! SO cool! ha Also, Elder Thorne in cow form. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment