Wednesday, April 16, 2014

3/17/14

Hola familia!

This week was a regular week. Nothing too crazy happened. A lot of
finding and trying to search out those elect! We were rejected A LOT
this week, but we found joy in the work and just kept going! Got to
keep going all the way up until the very end! So not much to talk
about this week, it literally was just a lot of finding and door
knocking and regular missionary duties.

Claudia is doing great. She asked me to confirm her yesterday in
church and it just so happened that Gospel Principles was about the
Holy Ghost this week. President Villegas was there and taught the
class. He did an excellent job - I always love the way he teaches and
his Spanish is so crisp and formal. Nothing better than a good,
understandable teacher. She really enjoyed church and is starting to
feel more and more comfortable. She and her father took us out to
dinner this week to IHOP and it was a blast. The food was delicious as
usual...duh, what's better than breakfast for dinner? And we talked
about missionary work. She said she might even want to be a missionary
herself if she is guided to do so. That would be so cool! She'd be a
great missionary because she has such a great conversion story. She's
doing well, and we are excited to watch her continue to grow!

Transfers are this week, and it seems that all is set up more than
ever for my time to come to a close here in Anaheim. Of course, we
won't know until the end of this week for sure, but it all just seems
like that's where it's headed. Not going to lie, I'm a little scared!
I don't know anything BUT Anaheim 11th. I wasn't in Santa Ana 5 for
long, so although I still love that ward as well, this has been the
ward where I have grown and learned the most. They really have become
my family, and as I was thinking about leaving again last night, just
like last time, I had a little panic attack. Just can't think about it
and I need to understand that I will be called where I am needed. I
have a sure testimony if that.

Funny moment from this week was when we had dinner with Hna Sanchez
from Peru. I have grown very close with their family, and we are
basically their children - more so me because I have been around so
long ha. She is the one that says she has been praying that I stay
here since she met me, and my staying shows a sure answer to her
prayers...can't really argue with that. Ha So whenever it is brought
up that I may be leaving, she goes on her rant about how things
shouldn't be that way. This week she even went as far as to say that
as soon as I leave, there is going to be an apostasy. Haha She's so
funny. I sure will miss all my families here, but we'll see! I've
stayed around this long, who knows? I could be around until the end of
my mission. At least that is what everyone is saying ha.

Well, like I said, not much to talk about today. Thank you for the
packages you sent last week, I loved them, and I am safeguarded by the
"pinch police" because of the lovely socks. Thanks for the love and
support! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful St. Patty's Day!

-Elder Gallego

"The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to
claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when
we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the
best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that
faith is always pointed toward the future." Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment