Monday, October 15, 2012

10/15/12


Hola Familia!
Whew! What a busy week! Still trying to fight with time on my P-Days to email, but it is getting a little better now, and this will probably be the normal time I have to email from now on! :) I am absolutely loving it out here, the people are amazing, the culture is amazing, the food is amazing, the Spanish is amazing, and the GOSPEL is amazing. I am so grateful for how much it has changed my life and how strongly I can feel the Spirit everyday as I'm out here doing this wonderful work and serving the Lord.
Before I forget, General Conference! Oh my, when I heard the announcement of the new ages, I got chills. All my friends are elligible for a mission now, and the mission field ought to DOUBLE in numbers now. How amazing, the opportunity to serve a mission is one of the greatest blessings you can ask for, I promise. So all that are out there thinking about a mission and are now elligible, NEED TO! I want this experience for everyone, it has changed my life so much!
So this week was super busy. Lots and lots of finding. Our Zone has been getting pretty low on numbers, so we were told we needed to work on that, so we did! The number SKYROCKETED this week. We went from 10-12 new investigators a week to 40! The work has been progressing so well here, and the mission as a whole has found over 70 new missionaries, so our Zone alone was over half! :) We have loved every minute of it! My Zone Leaders call my strong desire to work and our success Greenie Fire! ha
As for Elder Andersen and I, we found 6 new investigators this week, and went from one with a baptismal date to five with a baptismal date. All the door knocking and referrals really payed off!
Well Jose Solorio has continued to come to church and we only got to visit with him twice last week, but the second visit, his wife joined in on the lesson. We are now teaching the parents, one of the sons, and the other son is already baptized, so that's just great! The sad part however is that they are moving, so we are hoping we can work with them towards a baptismal date before they leave. Doesn't really help that they don't know when they are leaving, but we invited the parents to be baptized Saturday night and they said they need to learn more. Hopefully tonight when we meet with them, they will feel the strong prompting the Spirit brings in the lessons!
On Tuesday we met Eugene knocking doors, and he is the coolest guy ever! He invited us in, and just talked with us for a while about his life ha. Took a little longer than it should have, and we were trying to make our way out, but he had just lost his wife, and he is pretty mucht the only one left now out of all his brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, parents...all in his generation or older, so he is super lonely and hates being home. We knew immediately what we needed to teach him. So the lessons began the next day! We got choked up saying the pray and was so happy to have us there, and felt it could change his life to listen to what we had to say, which it can! The Gospel definitely has the ability to change lives! We told him about the constant companion of the Holy Ghost after baptism, invited him, and he said, "ABSOLUTELY!" He is just so great and continues to follow through with the committments of reading, praying, and everything! Unfortunately, he prefers to be taught in English and wants to go to church in English, so we have to pass him along to the English Elders this week :( Super sad, but I know he will continue to progress towards that baptismal date, and we can stop by and visit him still from time to time. :)
We were referred to Melissa and Rosa, and daughter and her mother on Wednesday. They are solid, and the daughter pretty much already has a testimony because she has been through lessons and to church in Mexico, and Rosa asks lots of questions, and is so interested in every lesson. They both have baptismal dates as well, and we continue to see their testimonies grow!
Our final investigator with a baptismal date is George. I dont know him very well because I have only met him once, but has a baptismal date and apparently has experienced some pretty life changing experiences from the Church. He has been progressing from what I've heard!
We have plans for a couple more investigators with baptismal dates this week, and we know that the Spirit will testify to them that this Church is true, just like it has to us. I absolutely love this Church and I know that without it, I wouldn't be where I am today. This Gospel has changed our family and I know that it can change the lives of anyone who listens to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I sure love this work and I love being out here! Love you all so much, love hearing from you, and you're all always in my prayers!! :) Love you!
-Elder Gallego
"I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it." Sister Ann Dibb

No comments:

Post a Comment