Monday, March 11, 2013

3/11/13


Hola familia!
 
Holy cow...I don't even know where to start. SO much has happened this week, I have so much to share with you. I hope that all is going well with you, and I hope to hear from you all soon. For starters, it's going to be a LOT easier to communicate with me from now on! The First Presidency sent out a letter world-wide this week, as of today, we can now email whoever we want, and anyone can email us. There aren't restrictions to only families now! So shout out to anyone who would like to email me...my email isalec.gallego@myldsmail.net, and I can't wait to hear from you. :) And family, don't be worried that you are not going to have enough time to still chat with me, too...on top of the changed privileges, we have up to two hours for email on preparation day, now. Woo hoo! Hope to hear from you! :)
 
In other news, we also found out how the new boundaries of the Irvine California Mission will effect our's. Effective July 1st, the Irvine Mission will be taking our Irvine Stake and Newport Stake...however, it will only be taking the English Stakes. So, the Spanish boundaries are going to stay the same, and basically the two missions will just be overlapping. Yay! I still have a chance to serve in my "home." I do know, however, that the Aliso Viejo area will be part of the new Irvine Mission as well. :) Look out Johnson Family! ;)
 
Now, another big surprise of this week is that I have been transferred from my home. :( Saturday night we received the call, yesterday I was able to get out all my goodbyes, and today I moved. SO SAD!! It was really hard leaving my area and my companion, Elder Facer. He is such a great missionary, and I know that he has so much potential to continue changing that area. I wish him luck, and I thank him for everything he has done for me. :) It was bittersweet saying goodbye to the ward. Although It is sad to say goodbye, I am also excited for whatever changes I go through and the opportunity to meet more families like the Lopez Family, not to say that they will be replaced. ;) They have been so wonderful to me and my companion, and it was like leaving home all over again. Tears were shed, but tears of love. I will be excited when I return to visit the wonderful members of the Santa Ana 5th Ward when I return after my mission. I have been transferred to.................................................Anaheim! My new ward is Anaheim 11, and we cover basically all of Orange. So, I feel like I am pretty much starting all over again, because I know NOTHING about this area, and it's pretty big, so I am for sure going to be lost...plus the streets are all curvy, so it makes me even more lost! It's okay though, because I have been blessed with an excellent new companion! My new companion is...................................Elder Chase Tueller from Mesa! That's right, Mesa Elders are taking over Anaheim. Along with me joining this awesome district, Elder Tidwell from Mesa is going to be serving with us. So Mesa Elders are uniting. ;) We look forward to an excellent transfer, and it's great to know that I already have so much in common with Elder Tueller as we talk about all you at home. ;) Plus, he's District Leader, which makes me mildly powerful as well. ;) He's a great Elder, and I look forward to the coming transfers with him.
 
Also this week, we had the baptism of little miss Samantha. She looked wonderful as she was such an example to her family and friends in making the decision to be baptized. I performed the ordinance, and with the help of us Elders and a couple of the ward members, she was confirmed a member of the Church and given the Holy Ghost. It sure was a special day! Her face was beaming as she entered the waters and wouldn't stop smiling throughout the rest of the day. I am so proud of her and her family, and also really appreciate all that they have done for us. They have really shown the charity of the Lord through their actions towards us missionaries. Love the Cedillo Family!
 
Unfortunately, I was not able to witness the baptism of Azul, but I plan on returning for her baptism when all the little "wrinkles" are "ironed" out. :) She and her family are still such a great example to us of love and charity as well. That ward is just so amazing! I can't wait to meet my new ward, I heard they are amazing as well. Love it out here!
 
I have yet to see my new apartment, but apparently, from what Elder Tueller says, we will be able to watch the fireworks from Disneyland out our window every night! Cool huh? I was wondering if I'd ever get to see those on my mission. ;)
 
So, for now, I am resettling in. I am super excited to meet new ward members, and I can't wait to update you next week on what all is going on in this area. The field is all white, ready to harvest. Thank goodness I brought my sickle! ;) Love you all so much, hope all is well for you, as well...can't wait to hear more from you! Until next week, hasta luego!
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"In a world that is constantly changing, it is up to us to decide whether we will use this change to benefit, or destroy."

No comments:

Post a Comment