Tuesday, April 9, 2013

3/18/13


Hola familia!
 
Man! I don't even know where to start! My fingers are just about to fall off with all the typing I have done today and my eyes are about to pop out of my head with all the reading I have done and all the information I have absorbed. Thank you to all who wrote me, I apologize if I did not respond to you, yet...but I probably won't have time to, today. I'll work for it next preparation day for sure. My mission address will stay the same for my entire mission, so you know. ;) Love you all, and thank you for the support!
 
So the mission is going AMAZING! I love my companion, and it is so great to already know my companion, so we get past what I like to call the "awkward stage" where you basically know nothing about your companion, and you have to ask him questions and if you ask the wrong questions, you're set for a terrible transfer. So, the whole transfer basically leans on those questions asked the first week. It's like walking through a mine-field, afraid of how their going to react ha. For those of you who have gone on missions, I am pretty sure you know what I mean. ;) He's just amazing and we will be on fire in no time.
 
We had a bunch of moving stuff to do this past week, so we weren't able to do much of "the work," but what we did do was great! I love teaching with Elder Tueller, and I know we are going to have a great transfer (at least) together. The ward here is just fantastic, they are so strong, and REALLY loving. I'll have to give you more details on everything next week because I don't have much more time...but just know that I am doing great, this area and ward are treating me very well, I still miss the old area, but it's okay! I don't know whether it's the fact that we are both Mesa Elders (;)), or that the people here are just super ready, but even with the minimal time we have had to work, we can feel the trust with the members building fast, and we are already finding like crazy. I am SO ready to work! I LOVE IT!
 
I also wanted to share with you something that the First Presidency sent out to us missionaries, and I want you to see!:
 
"To: Mission presidents in the North America West Area
From: The Missionary Department
Dear Brethren:

The Missionary Department will run a Spanish social media initiative over Easter weekend (March 29–31). It will feature an Easter webpage with a video showing the Easter story, including a testimony from President Thomas S. Monson translated into Spanish. The initiative will be advertised extensively on Facebook.

Visitors to the page will be invited to chat with missionaries, view Bible videos about the life of the Savior, and learn more about the Savior by visiting the Jesus Christ page on mormon.org/spa. They will also be invited to share their feelings about Jesus Christ by leaving a comment on the page.

We encourage Church members and full-time missionaries to visit the Easter page (mormon.org/pascua) beginning on March 24, through Easter weekend to share their testimonies of Jesus Christ, and to invite nonmember friends and acquaintances to visit the page. Members and missionaries are also invited to visit http://facebook.com/mormon to “Like” the page and share it with their friends. Those who “Like” the mormon.org/spa Facebook page will receive daily content about the Church, our beliefs, and practices after the initiative ends.

Spanish missionaries, please use this to help all of those that you can influence.  Let's use this tool that the Brethren have given us to find more investigators and help others gain a testimony of the Restored Gospel.  President Bowen wants all Spanish missionaries to do this."
 
I know it is Spanish, but maybe they are doing the same thing in English. When you get the chance, please hop on Facebook (like I was permitted to do) and like it and share it with all you know, and check it out for yourself. As we near this Easter season, I love thinking about Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he has done for you and me. I know there is no way that I can repay him, but I testify that we can try our best by showing our love through the Gospel. This Church has changed my life so much, and I know that it will change the life of all those that try. Love you all so much, hope all is well!
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail...than attempt to do nothing and succeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment