Tuesday, April 9, 2013

3/25/13


Hola familia!
 
Well, this week is just blending in with allthe others. Time is passing by quick, and I am losing track of the days. Elder Tueller and I have been working hard, and have already been seeing so much success through our finding efforts. We love it! We have laughed pretty much 99% of the way through these last couple weeks, and it's awesome to already have so much in common. He's a great missionary, and we teach great together, and we sure love this ward, so mission couldn't be better right now! But MAN this week was busy! So many great moments have happened this week, and there is no way to sum it all up in this email, so it'll be fun to tell all these stories when I get back. :)
 
For starters, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dad! Eventhough your birthday is tomorrow, I want to say it now since you won't be getting my package in time for your birthday. SORRY! But I hope you like it. :) Hope you have a great day, love you so much and I am grateful for all that you have done for me. You are an excellent example of a true loving father. Love you so much, and miss you, but you'll be in my thoughts on your special day. :) LOVE YOU!
 
Also, yesterday, Rebecca Solis was baptized, and so I went back to my old area and ward to see that because they invited us because Elder Facer and I were pretty much the missionaries that taught her everything, and then the Sisters took over and finished it off strong with her. The Sisters are doing great there, and they are great missionaries, too! The baptism went really well, and it was neat to see familiar faces. ;) It was funny because right as I showed up, they forgot to do the program, so they asked me to take care of it, and I had to do it super fast ha so it looks just like Samantha's but, hey, still looks decent. ;) Love that ward, love that family!
 
We had a neat experience Wednesday as we went to visit the grave of the daughter of our main investigators Marvin and Giah. They lost their baby at birth a year ago Wednesday, and it has been VERY hard on them. They have basically visited the grave every day for the last year, and they still really miss her. When we first found them, they really needed a message to let them know that they will see her again. Since then, they have gained a testimony of the Plan of Salvation, have accepted the baptismal invitation for the 21st of Abril, and they have come to church, love it, and really "love the peace they feel from the whole message," in their own words. We are so excited to help them progress towards baptism and we know that this message will be of great importance to them and their family. We just need to help them get married so that they can progress further! We have a lesson with them tonight with our Ward Mission Leader, Hno Monge, and he is AWESOME! So we know it will go great tonight, and will be hoping for a looking forward to a wedding for them in the future. :) Great family!
 
Another cool story is that we were out finding and stopped by a family to help them with their gardening ha. First time ever that someone has let us just jump in and serve them. It was so cool! Turns out, the are already pretty comfortable with the missionaries though, because the English missionaries in our area are teaching their daughter right now ha. However, the mom does not speak any English, and she was pretty impressed by the service, and we had a great conversation and were invited to come back, so we are really looking forward to that! I can see that family progressing really well. They have a grandaughter that is just the cutest little thing and loves to talk and drew us a picture of the trees we cut for them and showed us her turtle and was telling us about how her grandpa gets grumpy sometimes, and was going on and on, and it was just adorable. :) Finding through service really works!
 
I know this email is a little all over the place, but I am racing time right now and want to tell you about a funny story that happened this week, too! ha One of the nights earlier this week, Elder Tueller heard me say that it was time to get up haha. So he got up, took care of his morning business and returned to find me still sleeping. A little confused, he looked at the time to see that it was 2 in the morning haha. Turns out that I was sleep talking! HA! Even in my sleep I'm a prankster. ;) Love that guy!
 
Well, time for me to go, I hope all is well with you, I love you all so much, and I have a sure testimony of this gospel, and wouldn't have it any other way. Love you all so much, and can't wait to hear from you soon! Until then, keep on keeping on! :)
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"As I have loved you, love one another."

No comments:

Post a Comment