Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4/16/13

Hola familia!

Holy moley, this week has been SO busy! I don't even know what to talk about. So much has happened this week, and I didn't have time to write it all down, soooo hopefully I can recount most of it so I can remember it later in life. ;) I love you all and continue to love hearing from you. 

We hit the ground running this week because we had a lot to catch up on, and we sure did! Our numbers have soared, and we are seeing so much success in this area. I absolutely love this ward and cannot even think of possibly leaving them this week. They are all just so amazing! It's already time for transfers again, can you believe it?! It is crazy to me that our little greenie, Elder Richards, in our district is already halfway done with training. I remember being in his shoes and thinking that training would take forever! ha Hopefully he's enjoyed being surrounded by Mesa-ans. ha 

We had 2 sets of exchanges this week, first, Elder Richards came to our area, and we worked way hard, and then Elder Speakman (my first District Leader, now my Zone Leader) and I worked REALLY hard, also, to find some more investigators to fill our pool. It was amazing! I love working and staying busy! We had a couple of neat experiences, and not one person rejected us that whole day ha. Elder Speakman says it's because I have a very "open" personality and just get right to making them feel comfortable, while he is awkward haha. We had a blast though, it was dejavu for me to be back with him!

Elder Tueller and I also started a big service project for the ward this week...the ward list. For those who are or have been in a Spanish ward, the lists can be difficult, because they move alot, so we have noticed a lot of holes and non-existent numbers and addresses, and have really jumped in to help them out the best we can. It is an excellent way to get to meet the less-actives of the ward! I have a goal to work hard with the less-actives in our ward, just like the last one, so that I can see them returning to the truth that I know they already have a testimony of in their hearts. It is going to take a lot of work, but we have been very busy calling all of the ward members and straightening everything out. We're excited. :)

A highlight of our week was that are car was broken into. :( BUT before you freak out and await the damage report, let me inform you that nothing important was taken! In fact, it was REALLY strange. Luckily, I took out my GPS that night to work on the ward list, so it was already safe within the walls of our apartment. :) We came to our car that morning and I found all the stuff from our glove compartments on the ground in front of my seat. At first I just thought we accidentally made a mess grabbing the ward list from the car, but then I realized that things were missing. The strange thing is that the only things we found missing were my sunglasses, our car report (super strange), Elder Tueller's CD collection (that one was a little bumming :( ), and our apartment complex clicker. Our gas card wasn't even taken. So we thought it was a missionary prank, because we couldn't figure out who in the world would want a log of the miles we have driven in our cars and a bunch of church music, but turns out the nearest missionaries are a good 15 minutes away...so sure enough, we were raided, but nothing of huge importance was lost, thank goodness.

In other news, we were able to go to the Temple today, YAY! I was so excited to finally go again, and we almost missed it because the traffic was SO bad! But, despite the traffic, we made it in RIGHT before they closed the doors and were able to enjoy another wonderful temple session. I love the spirit that is felt there. I love the ability I have to experience the sacred feelings of the temple. Such a blessing to have one in my mission!

Other than all of that, I am pretty sure that is it. I will continue to keep you all updated, I don't really know what else to say. ;) Love you all so much, and before I go, I want to share a cool thought with you that Momma Couch sent me in a letter that I thought was really neat!

SUCCESS
See your goal
Understand the obstacles
Create a positive mental picture
Clear your mind of any self-doubt
Embrace the challenges
Stay on track
Show the world you can do it

I thought that was super neat, and so true. The key to success is not giving up! Love you all so much, I look forward to hearing more from you soon! LOVE YOU!

-Elder Gallego

"Your perspective is always limited by how much you know. Expand your knowledge, and you will transform your mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment