Tuesday, April 9, 2013

4/1/13


Hola familia!
 
I'm sure that last email was quite convincing and very well thought out for you! haha I thought it was clever. ;) I was going to play it off better and make it more believeable, but the way I was looking at it...I'm pretty sure you all have fallen for a joke today already and were geared up for my lame prank way ahead of time, thus foiling my plans...so I thought I'd keep it lame and move on. ;)
 
Now time to wish you all the "Happys." Happy April Fool's Day, Happy Easter, Happy Birthday Dad and Trevor, Happy Engagement to Matthew and Ashley, Happy Anniversary Since Joining the Church! Did I miss any? ;) I hope this week was full of happiness and joy as so many milestone events were reached! Felicitaciones a Mateo por haber encontrado tu "feliz" por eternidad. Estoy tan animado por ti y tambien me gusta que ya la sepa yo. ;) Pero, todavia ella tiene que hacer la applicacion para casarse contigo que llegara esta semana que viene en el correo, entonces presta atencion! jaja
 
Thank you for the Easter package, I got it today, so a little bit past Easter, but I will wear my new Easter ties in the Sundays and days to come anyways. :) Thank you, I love you so much!
 
This past week was AWESOME! We have been SO busy here and just loving it! I can't even keep track of it all, and I don't think I have written in my journal for the past 2 months, so I had better get on that, or I will not remember anything! :| I just LOVE it here in this area and ward, I couldn't ask for a better set up right now. We have been working really hard on gaining the trust back due to the mark left by the previous missionaries, but the ward is starting to trust us more and more, and we are having a great time having so many Noches de Hogar! :)
 
Easter Sunday was amazing, as usual. With Christ being the center of the Easter season, the Spirit was felt very strong. It just so happened that Easter Sunday fell on Missionary Sunday as well, SO, naturally...I spoke again. haha This is my second Missionary Sunday in a row haha but, nonetheless, it was fun. It was a pretty nice introduction into the ward. They are all so supportive, and let me tell you, it was NOT be talking. I love the power of the gift of tongues, because I got up there with little notes and spoke for a good 15 minutes non-stop haha. It cracked me up, because as I told you before I left on my mission, I want to be able to get up there and just talk. I did it! I made little notes, and relied on the Spirit to teach through me what the ward needed to hear. It was a huge testimony builder for me. I am glad I have finally conquered my "talk-reading" fears. ;) The rest of the Sunday after church, we spent time going around to the ward families that are working on building trust with and delivered Easter cookies. :) It was a blast, this ward sure is great!
 
In other news...kind of sad news, but at the same time, kind of funny ha...we were helping a family in our ward move the day before Easter, and I went outside on their porch to take a call, and found something quite startling...the Easter Bunny dead. :( Okay, so not the real Easter Bunny, but I did, indeed find their pet bunny outside in the blazing heat...dead. It was super awkward. I came back in to tell the family, and after I told them, they responded that the bunny is just lazy...then it got even more awkward as I had to tell them it was indeed dead. So they went outside real quick to check...and sure enough...it was dead.... So after a minor sad conversation, they asked me to dispose of the bunny... It was sad...but at the same time a little funny...just because it was so awkward! But it didn't come as a surprise to me, seeing as they left it out all day with no food or water during a hot day. I feel bad for them, but apparently the bunny was brand new, so at least they had not grown a relationship with the poor bunny...
 
Now back to the missionary work! The area is fantastic, the ward is amazing, and our companionship is on fire! Marvin and Giah are still doing pretty good. We talked with them about the Law of Chastity and marriage, and they say they have plans to get married. Hopefully it will be soon so that we can help them out before their baptismal date. They are great! We are continuing to work with other families, and they are doing well, too. I will give you more updates on them as soon as we see more progression with them. :)
 
Well, now it is time for me to go. Love you all so much, and I hope you had a great Easter. I know that Christ lives, and he loves us. He has done so much for us, all we need to do is have faith in him so that he can help us. I love this gospel. I hope all is well with you all, can't wait to hear back from you. :) Love you!
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"All Jesus asks is for us to have faith in him, because he sure had a lot of faith in us in the pre-mortal existence."

No comments:

Post a Comment