Tuesday, November 19, 2013

10/21/13

Hola familia!
 
Sorry to say this again, but I have run out of time once again. I had thought that I'd planned my time out well for emails, but it come down to the end and I forgot to email President first, again, so...sorry! But I will try my best to keep a quick update on it all. I'm getting to the point where I'm not quite sure what to write about, so if you have any idea, let me know! I feel like I have boring emails ha. Not sure what to write about, but here goes!
 
The Morales family FINALLY got confirmed! They are officially members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so happy for them! :) Since we don't get to see them very often because they are now living in the Sisters' area and they are visiting them regularly now, they make it clear to us in text messages throughout the week that they miss us. We stop by every once in a while to let them know we haven't forgotten about them or anything-but rather that they live a little further away and for that reason the Sisters visit them. I don't want them thinking that I have forgotten about them! I love that family too much to do that. :) They are great. They look so good at church!
 
Speaking of church, Roberto Sanchez finally came to church! And on his own, pretty much, too! He works on Sundays right now at 10 o'clock and so he said he is going to try to start coming until 9:30 so he can partake of the sacrament and at least hear one talk. :) We were so caught off guard and excited to see him there! He is doing pretty well. We are working with him right now so that he'll stop drinking coffee and continue to pray specifically for that answer that this is the true church. We were excited to see him take that step and love the friendship we have made with him. We are going to get more members involved in his lessons, now that he has come to church, we were going to wait until them, because before when he was investigating, when the missionaries started to bring members to the lessons, his wife says he felt too pressured into being baptized and then stopped listening. This is definitely the furthest he has ever gotten without backing out, though, so we are excited for him and his family. I can see him being a member someday. If not soon, then later, but I know he'll understand it's importance for his family and will someday make the wonderful choice that will bring his family together. :) I love the family!
 
We worked quite a bit with the part-member families of this area this week. We met with each of them and it seems that each of them are excited and prepared now to receive us missionaries again. It must be the part-member time of year! :) We have already clicked really well with each of them and look forward to getting to know them even more and helping them make that decision to bring their families more together. I sure love watching the impact this gospel has on the family unit. This message is so necessary in our progression together as a family back towards our Heavenly Father.
 
Please keep Sister Corona and Sister Byon from my district in your prayers. They both received some unsettling news from home last week, and were a little thrown off this week. They have also been have some struggles in their area, as well, so it's been a little tough on them. We usually do a service project every week as a district, but because this week's opportunity has been postponed, I suggested we serve our own district members this week and spend a couple hours together going ham in our finding efforts to support them and help them out. Everyone is in agreeance, so we're going for it! :) I feel it is going to be a great opportunity to not only show them that they are supported, but also find more people for them to teach and help unto Christ. They are both very powerful sisters! They are feelings better now, and are ready for a good week ahead. I look forward to the district finding event-updates on that next week! :)
 
I sure love working hard out here! I know I'm not a perfect missionary, but I know that I am continually trying my best to be more like our Savior. Just because we cannot be perfect in this life doesn't mean we shouldn't try. We are all sons and daughter of a living god who loves each of us dearly and wants the best for us. Each time we stumble and fall, He and our Savior Jesus Christ are there to support us and lift us back up so that we can keep going and continually strive to make it back to our Heavenly Father's presence again. I love the happiness this gospel and message brings. I know that although my imperfections may make me weak, I find strength is accepting the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. He is there for us. We are never alone, and we are always able to be fixed. We just have to allow Him to fix us. :) I know this to be true. It has played an extremely big role in not only my mission, but my whole life. I am so grateful for all Jesus Christ did for us so that we can make it back to our loving Heavenly Father. I love this gospel, I know it to be true, and I love being a missionary. There's nothing greater!
 
The weather is starting to cool down in the evenings and early morning, so that's nice! :) Can't wait for the day it gets cold enough to break out the sweater vests again. ;) I hope you are all doing well and I don't bore you too bad! Please keep me updated on life! I finally squeezed some time in to respond to people this week with only a few more to respond to, so keep an eye out in the mail if you've been waiting. ;) Love you all so much and hope you are safe! Look forward to hearing back. Keep striving forward!
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble, but by the number of times we stand up, dust ourselves off, and strive forward." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment