Tuesday, July 9, 2013

6/24/13


Hola familia!
 
I loved this week! It was full of finding, and learning, and so much spiritual growth! I am so grateful for this chance I have to learn so much that I never knew before. I have a great companion right now, and we are really enjoying this time together in this area so far.
 
For starters, that broadcast yesterday was AMAZING! I felt the spirit so strong as the apostles of the Lord testified and provided instruction on how the organization of the work should go. I know that broadcast was straight from the Lord. It is amazing the changes we will be seeing soon. I had a brief little chat with President about it this week, and I can't wait to let you know about it all. :) The work is going to take off even more from here! I sure loved all the videos and examples of it all. I can't wait for when I get back and get to work with the full-time missionaries to find success in the ward I'll be in. :) It's so true that we are not sent out here for the ward to help us, but rather to help and strengthen the wards we are put into. I look forward to hopefully seeing some changes out here. ;) Although I'm sure maybe 2 or 3 members of our ward went to see it at the Stake Center, I am hoping Obispo can show some clips to the leaders of the ward! I am so fired up! Hope you take in what you learned and apply it as well. :)
 
On a quick little side note..I LOVE autistic people. There is a little autistic guy next to me right now watching rap music videos and kind of singing along/mumbling, and throwing up game signs, and busting dance moves, and getting so excited, and it is so fun and adorable. :) They bring so much light to the room! What a blessing it is to have these choice angles among us. :)
 
We had a few amazing moments of finding people this week that really helped to open my eyes to the importance of prayer. I came to realize this week that prayer is so fundamental in all that we do in our lives. I have been having a rough couple of weeks, and it wasn't until this one that it really clicked with me that my prayers haven't been the most effective lately. It was really perfect timing, too, because I was reading in the Liahona (Spanish Ensign/New Era/Friend) for this month and I came across the talk by Elder Kevin W. Pearson of the Seventy titled "Improving Your Personal Prayers" and I realized that there is so much for me to change! It seemed to apply so well to the investigators and less-actives we are teaching right now as well, so I went through and disected it and highlighted a ton of it and planned a lesson and learned how to apply it to me so that I could testify with power of the truthfulness of the message. It totally worked. I have seen a huge change! Not only in my actions, but my attitude. I love how he says, "listening carefully to another's prayers can reveal much about his or her relationship with God." We teaches how we can make changes in our prayers so that we are talking "with God and not at him." He also shares ways to prepare your prayers. I had never thought of that before. Preparing to pray. He says, "Prayer is spiritual work preceded by mental and spiritual preparation. If we don't take the time to humble ourselves and carefully consider that we are about to call upon God the Eternal Father in the name of Jesus Christ, we will miss the very essence of the divine pattern estabished to bless us." I really wish I could quote the whole thing because I loved it so much, but these are just some parts that really stuck out to me, and I invite you to read it and study it as well. His personal story has helped me change the way I look at trials.
 
All around, this was a great week, and I feel I learned SO much! I have loved the chance I have had to be out here and learn, and I look forward to applying all of this to life after the mission as well. I know that no matter where I go, I will be a missionary, and I will share all that I have learned with those around me. I have been changed forever, and I am so glad I have learned how to turn a tough moment into an opportunity to learn. I love my Savior so much, and I am so grateful to have you as a family of mine for eternity. :) Love you so much, and can't wait to hear back from you soon! Les vaya bien!
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." (Love this! Thanks Olivia! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment