Tuesday, July 9, 2013

6/3/13


Hola familia!
 
Wow. This week was intense. A LOT of changes going on here in the mission. We have all been caught in the wave, and there's surprises over every crest. ;) It's been a blast being involved in the Lord hastening his work. I am blessed to be a missionary during this point in time.
 
First off, I forgot to mention a couple things last week! Congratulations to Chandler for graduating, and Happy Birthday to one of my best friends EVER, Aj. Can't wait to hear about both of yours' mission moments soon. :) I also forgot to mention that Gloria and Kevin were both confirmed last week in church on Sunday as well. It was very powerful. They are both going to stay strong in the church. I know it! Elder Parkinson and I are convinced we just aided a future Relief Society President in her baptism. :) She's solid. And Kevin...awww he is just the best! Love this ward, love the changes I get to see in people's lives. Love the mission!
 
For news, I have another new companion, AGAIN! Second transfer in a row with a new companion. It stinks, but at the same time, it's great! Sad because I have to say goodbye to such great companions, but great because I get to meet even more. I am sure going to miss Elder Parkinson. He and I have had a BLAST together this last transfer as we lit up Anaheim. Those embers are going to keep on going this transfer as we continue to work our hardest. Elder Parkinson was called as Zone Leader (as all expected) and I have been paired with an elder born in Mexico and from Texas. My first native companion! His name is Elder Garza. It looks like we are going to laugh a lot this transfer, just like the last, and I can't wait to see all that happens here. We are going to carry over the momentum that has been building here in Anaheim. :) We are ready to keep going, and that we will!
 
This week we made sure to stay busy and keep teaching until our last second together. We saw the changes coming, so we wanted to make sure we sealed the transfer with a solid week. And that we did. We found a few new investigators, and it was a blast. I swear, I have never laughed harder in my life than some of our moments together. He will be missed, but I look forward to this next transfer with just as high, if not higher expectations as the last one. I am blessed to be able to stay another transfer for sure in this ward. :)
 
Because pretty much everyone in the spanish program was effected by this transfer, we have been running around all over the place today to get things back in order, so I am sorry, but I don't have much time to share more inforrmation. Thank you so much for your love and support, I sure love hearing about all the fun there in Mesa! Thanks for the package, I will enjoy those Clif bars for sure, and HEY now I can brush my teeth (just kidding, I had a back-up toothbrush ;))! Keep an eye out in your ward, Alyssa. Elder Tidwell is spending the day with my companion and I and then we will be taking him to depart tomorrow morning at 6:15 (ahhhh so early!) to head home. It has been crazy watching him go through all this, and I DON'T want to go through it. ha It's so hard! But he is great, and we will be another wonderful ex-missionary addition to a ward. So tell him I say hello! I told him to look out for you (not that it'll be hard, I'm sure with Brody and Jace making themselves known constantly during sacrament meeting ha). Love you all so much, can't wait to hear more from you. Until then, cuidense!
 
-Elder Gallego
 
"I've learned that people will forget what you said...people will forget what you did...but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou (thanks Kelsi ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment