Tuesday, July 9, 2013

5/6/13


Hola familia!

Holy cow, where to start?! First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mom! I am so grateful for all that you have done for me. You are such an amazing mother, and I thank my Heavenly Father daily for such amazing parents that I love so much. :) Also, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you, Grandma Pat, Grandma Meo, Grandma Miller, and Grandma Gallego, and to ALL other mothers out there! I wish I could call you all by name, but you know who you are. ;) LOVE YOU!

I am so overwhelmed with how much success we have seen this week, I can't even type it all out. We are finding like crazy, the word members are doing AMAZING at supporting us, and we have so much more to do! I haven't even had a time to sit down and think about it ha we have been working ourselves into the ground, and I am loving it! My companion and I are SO tired, but we can't stop. ha

We found a few families this week, and we went from 2 people at the beginning of this week with baptismal dates to 9! We have 6 people preparing for baptism on the 19th in our ward/district, and we are so pumped for it! I can't even take it all in. There is so much work to do, there is no down time. I love it! 

The cool story I wanted to share last week, but didn't have time to was about Corina. We were doing our laundry on P-Day, just like normal. She is usually running around all over the place taking care of things because she owns it. She was walking by and asked us how we were doing today, and for some reason I had a feeling (now knowing it was a spiritual impression) that I should respond in Spanish, so I did! ha She immediately stopped in her tracks, stared at me, and was like "hablas espanol?!" She was completely caught off guard that two tall white boys just spoke to her in her native language haha. Next thing we know, we are engaged in a full-blown conversation about the gospel, because she wanted to know why we spoke Spanish. I was awesome! We really need to be prepared in every situation. Now she is an investigator, and we will be meeting with her again this week, since she was not able to meet last week. She calls us her angelitos guapos ha because she is going through so much, and we testified to her about how this message will help her so much. It's so true! She is over excited to hear more. :)

Also, Perla, the one I told you about last week, now has a baptismal date for the 2nd of June, after a VERY powerful lesson with Obispo Cerda. He is amazing! It's neat because he is an ex-missionary, so he already knows the lessons and how to teach, so we don't need to worry about him! He also is fully bilingual, so we don't have to worry about running into English speakers with him either, which totally happened the other night. The house where Perla lives is full of people wanting to change their life because it is a sober-living home. So we passed another person we met and shared a powerful message with with Bishop to the English elders again. So much work! 

Well, as much as I would love to tell you about all of the success we have seen this week, I don't have time to fit it all into one email, so I look forward to sharing these awesome stories with you when I get back from the mission, and also on Sunday when I finally get to talk to you again! :) Can't wait! Mom, Happy Birthday again, and be sure to look out for your package in the mail. Wait until your birthday to open it! ;) LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Hope all is well. Keep working hard!

-Elder Gallego

"When you feel like you don't have a choice (not one, not any) remember, you always get to choose your attitude." Eat Your Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment